Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Exes


NaBloPoMo February 2013
Do you remain friends with ex-boyfriends/girlfriends after you break up?

Excuse me, while I laugh hysterically. No. Not even a little bit. 

I could rationalize it and say that when I fall in love it is so completely and utterly emotional, that falling out of love is a similar process. It's raw and painful and I don't do it very well. I feel sort of like I'm charged with static electricity, except that it's actually feelings but we still both get hurt when you come into contact with me. I don't like feeling this way and I don't like the way it affects those around me, but most of all I don't like who caused me to feel this way.

But realistically? My breakups leave me overwhelmed and bitter and it's all I can do to distance myself as far and as fast as I can.

I know people who are good friends with their exes, and that's something I admire. But I personally don't think I'd be able to get over the feelings or have any sort of closure, so instead I shut those people out of my life. I may not be proud of it, but it's what I need.

Aside from that: Woohoo! Just a quick shout out, my handwarmers were featured in The Peaceful Mom, a blog about living a simple happy life, making do with what you have, budgeting, living off of less and enjoying what you're given. I love following her tips and recipes!

2 comments:

It's so easy to comment and I would love to hear from you!
Mrs. E