Friday, February 22, 2013

One Soul or Two?


NaBloPoMo February 2013
Aristotle said, "Love is composed of a single soul inhabiting two bodies." Do you agree or disagree?

Tough one today. I'd have to disagree. While it sounds very romantic to be two parts of the same soul, separated but united at the same time, I don't think that's love. 
Or, at least, not the love that forces you to remind yourself why exactly you agreed to live together for the rest of your life.
It's not the kind of love that leaves you weak in the knees from a phone call when he's away for the weekend.
It's certainly not the kind of love that makes you swallow your pride, own up to your faults, and apologize because that's the right thing to do.

A single split soul makes me think of having all the same interests or priorities, like your significant other is exactly like you. And that's an awful thing to think of. If Mr. E were exactly like me, I don't think we'd have a very nice relationship. I don't think I would strive to be a better person if I didn't have Mr. E. And I don't think Mr. E would work as hard as he does if had someone just like him around. We have strengths and weaknesses that compliment each other, like...

Salt and pepper.
What our shakers USED to look like... Source
Dinosaurs and food.
How we spice up our dinners
Adventure and romance.
Halloween 2012
Mr. E's my rock, my companion, my best friend. You could go as far as saying he's my soul mate. But I think that's where it ends- a mate is a counterpart. A pair. We go together, but we're not the same.                           

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's so easy to comment and I would love to hear from you!
Mrs. E