Friday, October 25, 2013

Step Twenty-Two: Stop Trying

How do you get your husband to do what you want? Stop trying.

Really.

Don't try at all.

If you've pleaded and cajoled and threatened and ignored to no avail, maybe it's time to sit back and let him take the reins.

When there's absolutely nothing my husband wants to do (and he's very vocal about when this happens) I stop asking.

I do what I want and/or need to do and I avoid asking for his help. Yes, this may be a tad passive-aggressive, but I don't do it in a "look-what-I'm-doing-you-jerk" kind of way. I see it more as taking his hints that what I'm asking is too much. Frankly, what is there that I can't do on my own anyways? Not a whole lot.

So the next time your husband drags his feet or ignores your repeated attempts at including him in the decision-making process, do it without him. At least this way when he tries to complain later you can always tell him you tried.


No comments:

Post a Comment

It's so easy to comment and I would love to hear from you!
Mrs. E