Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Jet Lag


Imdb synopsis: A worn-out businessman and a beautician on the run collide in a Paris airport. Love arrives, all its hurdles be damned.

Oh, French films, I just can't get enough of you. I feel like every time I watch foreign movies I remember how much I like them: the language and the different nuances are just so pretty. And then I forget and get back to my perfect-ending American movies. C'est la vie.

We're a little in love with Jean Reno in this house, and you can't go wrong with Juliette Binoche (Chocolat was, for me, more about her than it was Johnny Depp). The story is quaint- more of a study in character development than an action movie. No action. Seriously. But it was just one of those stories that was told very simply and very frankly, it didn't bend any expectations and it wasn't too far-fetched. Sort of similar to When Harry Met Sally, but with a French twist.

I enjoyed this movie, but I didn't find that it was anything spectacular. I don't think I'll watch it again myself, but I would reccommend it to others. A good date night movie- with French Chicken Pizza!

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's so easy to comment and I would love to hear from you!
Mrs. E