Tuesday, April 9, 2013

French, please (Francais, s'il vous plait)

Tonight was one of those nights where everything just worked. I came home early and was able to enjoy the sun outside with Ripley, we remembered to thaw pizza dough and the house is blissfully quiet (no squabbling roommate: we're currently debating whether or not the girl who comes over is the same one he's fighting with on the phone 17 times a day).

Back to dinner. Ah, dinner. That time of day when Mr. E and I can really connect: the delectable tango of dinner-making, reaching, swaying, sneaking taste tests and swigs of liquid crack (that's lingo for Simply Lemonade for those of you not in the know). I love cooking and I especially love encouraging Mr. E in our tiny hallway kitchen. 
I've had this recipe stashed away since my pre-Pinterest days, and it's always been one of my favorites to make. Traditionally it's served on French rolls--thus the "French"-- but I've done it on a baguette and after today, a pizza!

Dressy French Chicken
3 chicken breasts
1/2 cup chopped bell pepper
1/2 cup chopped cucumber
1/3 cup mayonnaise (or 1/2 cup cream cheese)
1/2 cup shredded mozzerella
1/2 can of olives, chopped
2 tsp oregano
1/2 tsp garlic powder
dash salt and pepper
pizza crust (we make our own)
We cook our pizza crusts on the grill (baste the pizza round with olive oil, grill 2 minutes on one side, flip and baste the other side, pile already cooked side with toppings, 3 more minutes), but it's a good idea to mix all of your toppings beforehand.
Mix all the ingredients. Top pizza crust. Enjoy.
Seriously. It's like chicken salad, but the best part is you can adjust it to fit your needs: extra veggies? Throw 'em in. Don't like bell pepper? Use onions! I'm not a big fan of mayonnaise (that glop when you throw in 1/2 a cup...) so I sometimes use cream cheese and a little bit of ranch dressing instead. You could easily use fat-free!


Mr. E and I can't wait to make our own mozzerella and lay down those big slices to bubble over our pizza! 

Link Up: Not Just a Housewife, It's So Very Cheri, The Trendy Treehouse, Creations by Kara, Lil Luna, Sugar and Dots, Someday Crafts, Lady Behind the Curtain

2 comments:

  1. whaaa!!! This looks amazing!!!! We are always having some kind of pizza...will definitely try this recipe!!!! :) newest follower here!
    Danielle@snipetsofinspiration.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Danielle! We sort of have a thing for pizza- I have a post coming soon for Taco pizza too!

      Delete

It's so easy to comment and I would love to hear from you!
Mrs. E