Sunday, January 13, 2013

This is Not a Good Way to Start Our Relationship, Joann's: Part One

This week I did not have time to clean my house. Generally, this isn't that big of an issue because I have a built-in backup...named husband. But he has also been busy. 
So my kitchen was silently recruiting all the dishes in my house to rise in revolt. 
Plus, my grandmother was staying with us this weekend, and her room may or may not have been our ceremonial dumping ground for all things of the "do it later" or "get around to it" persuasion.
And and and....it just...it was hard, okay? This week. Hard. Messy house. Room not ready for guests. Laundry until I die.

Anyways.

Mr. E is off at set for someone else's film this weekend. Chapman has a program where they recycle students to work on other students' films. Not really, but kind of. Throughout your classes you sort of build a network of people who work well together, so each film set is like a tag team effort- choosing your players according to their skills...
Or whatever positions you have left open. So that can get fun when you have a predominantly production designer editing your movie. But they've all taken the classes for these positions, so theoretically everyone knows what to do and how to do it.
Although Mr. E's main focus is directing (while flirting with the idea of screen-writing), he volunteered to sound design (record sound and edit the sound for the final movie) for a friend.

While Mr. E was away, I rushed to put the house in some semblance of order and then got ready to sew. I was graciously gifted a Singer for Christmas from my mother-in-law and I have been absolutely salivating to use this machine. I feel like all other craft projects have been small cookies compared to the art of sewing, but once I accomplish this I shall be unstoppable. Friends and family will admire my perfectly coordinated tea-towels and ask about them. "Oh, those. I made those." 
Seriously. 
Towels. 
These are the heights to which I will climb.

As awesome as a sewing machine is, I've only flirted with them before...
I made placemats once. 
And I've made a large beach bag or three. 
So there's that.

Thankfully, my grandmother has the patience, nay the perserverance, to sit with me and explain exactly what a feed dog is. And why washing your fabric before sewing is important. And the importance of sharp scissors. I will regale you all with my efforts of pajama pant making.

P.S. In terms of patterns...Mr. E has the LARGEST butt I've ever cut out.
P.P.S. I've only cut out one butt pattern.
P.P.P.S. If he reads this he'll want me to say that he just wanted roomy pants. You know, so he could sit comfortably in them.
P.P.P.P.S. Mr. E, next time you should not make fun of the fact I fell asleep in the middle of the movie. Because then I won't have the energy to type at midnight. And I won't say what I shouldn't.

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's so easy to comment and I would love to hear from you!
Mrs. E