Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Green Lantern


We watched this movie because we knew that we would never have another chance to see it willingly. It was free, it was just the two of us and it still took us three nights to watch this movie (after our first choice of Downton Abbey, of course).

This was not a movie that spanned audiences. Toy Story is good for kids and adults. Batman Begins--it could be argued- is adults and kids. Green Lantern? Hard for even a fan to like this one.

Granted, I never followed Green Lantern. I don't know his back story very well and I never understood why anyone would root for him over the "big guys" like Superman, Batman or even Spiderman!

Imdb synopsis:
A test pilot is granted an alien ring that bestows him with otherworldly powers, as well as membership into an intergalactic squadron tasked with keeping peace within the universe.

Ryan Reynolds is awful in this movie- he's much better as a snarky character. I just didn't see any of the good snark here. Blake Lively is awful in this movie- but then, I don't really expect much from her. She flies under my radar.

The whole movie seemed choppy and weak. I wasn't worried for Hal and I didn't feel like they set up any of the relationships well enough. 

Plus side? Good movie to cross-stitch through.

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's so easy to comment and I would love to hear from you!
Mrs. E