Thursday, May 30, 2013

Imagine #fiveminutefriday


Write. For five minutes straight. One-word prompt, five minutes, no editing. I'm linking up over at Lisa-Jo Baker (aka The Gypsy Mama) where we read, write and encourage.

Five Minute Friday
Between the dog who needs a bath (again), the puzzle that has taken the entire coffee table and the baby dreams I've had for the last week (great), I need a vacation. So when I should be focusing on working or cleaning or wife-ing, I'm imagining instead.

I'm dreaming of tall trees and the hot smell of pine in the summer. The way the sun glares down between the leaves on the trail and the dust motes you kick up when you walk, how they float and sparkle giving the view below a spectacular sheen.

I'm dreaming of walking the roads of my childhood, showing Mr. E the sights and sounds and smells and tastes of summers spent with my grandmother. He won't know what it felt like to roll in her water bed or eat at our favorite Mexican food place, but I can still show him the playground I conquered with my siblings and the magic of the river trail at twilight.

I am counting down the days until I hit pause and all of the laundry and the protocol-writing and the job-searching will wait for us. The world will be on our time. Imagine what that would be like.

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's so easy to comment and I would love to hear from you!
Mrs. E