Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Death at a Funeral

Imdb synopsis: A funeral ceremony turns into a debacle of exposed family secrets and misplaced bodies.

This was such an odd movie...I was intrigued with the acting line-up, but I didn't feel like the movie really went anywhere. It felt more like a play than it did a movie. It had potential to be really funny, but I think the actors were too busy trying to compete with each other rather than presenting a funny ensemble. And then I realized this scope was a remake...of a British film? Of all movies to remake, usually Hollywood focuses on foreign films with non-English languages. In fact there was only a three year turn-around between the two. AND Peter Dinklage (Lannisters represent!) reprised his role.

This movie kind of reminded me of The Hangover or Bridesmaids- they are different stories and different settings, but it's the same sort of general idea: one upstanding character is surrounded by temptation, distraction and all-around bumbling friends/family with some extreme situations. 

Dear movies,

We are past poop jokes in movies. Why are we spraying it, wiping it, smelling it, leaking it and stepping in it?


Love,

I can take a laugh, but not another crap (joke)

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's so easy to comment and I would love to hear from you!
Mrs. E