Friday, September 27, 2013

True #fiveminutefriday

Write. For five minutes straight. One-word prompt, five minutes, no editing. I'm linking up over at Lisa-Jo Baker (aka The Gypsy Mama) where we read, write and encourage.
Five Minute Friday

"Your turn."

The girl from 501 smiled shyly. She ran her fingers through her touseled hair and picked at something sticking to the bottom of her shoe. She sat directly opposite the red emergency light and it lit her face like fireworks.

"Okay. Um..." She held up one finger. "I've broken every bone in all of my major limbs." She held up a second finger. "I had a one night stand with a Harry Potter film star." She smiled and held up her third finger. "I can brush my teeth with my toes."

The other girls tittered. They sat cross-legged, leaning against the mirrored walls, everyone sharing a Nutrigrain bar one of them found in their purse. The air felt close and muggy.

"Eight-oh-eight. You're next."

Their eyes were bored and curious at once. This was the fifth game in as many hours.

She took a deep breath.

"I know how to skin and de-bone a rabbit in two minutes."

There were a few gasps.

"I have built a natural resistance to most man-made poisons."

They started to exchange looks with one another. In the dim light, their eyes seemed huge, their features unnaturally sharpened.

Now that she had their attention, she whispered.

"I rigged this elevator to fall in three...two....one."

The lights cut out and the girls started to scream.


No comments:

Post a Comment

It's so easy to comment and I would love to hear from you!
Mrs. E