Thursday, July 11, 2013

Present #fiveminutefriday

Write. For five minutes straight. One-word prompt, five minutes, no editing. I'm linking up over at Lisa-Jo Baker (aka The Gypsy Mama) where we read, write and encourage.
Five Minute Friday

I inwardly winced when he told me how much time he had left on the countdown. Only a matter of hours to go before the deadline closed and his film school dreams would dwindle in despair, bitter and cold. I could only imagine what this would do to him.
Throwback Thursday, ya'll
We spent the last few months prepping: he was researching financial aid, I studied for finals; he ran between three schools for paperwork, I submitted 15 pages on Midwifery in the Middle Ages. So when he surprised me with a final project (due tomorrow) I wasn't sure how much energy I had left in me. We were running on low and we needed a miracle.

The prompt was vague (of course) and his idea was sweet, but when he presented the video to me all I could do was cry. This isn't that surprising since I cry with all of my emotions, but I was over- and under-whelmed all at the same time, full of love and pride for this man I would one day call my husband, but also terribly disappointed that his procrastination may have cost him the college he really wanted.

Two minutes, 19 objects to tell 19 years of his life with Elton John's "Daniel" playing softly in the background, the song he was named for.

I gave up sugar and he gave up milk in a two month fast and prayer session. I prayed more than I have ever prayed in my life, harder, stronger, more sincere to get that man into his dream college. He needed some good news after the last year and a half and our hearts were tired, but we knew that faith, love and a little bit of movie magic would see us through.

And it did.
Mr. E got in on the action too! Sort of prompt-less, but five minutes all the same!

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's so easy to comment and I would love to hear from you!
Mrs. E