Monday, December 17, 2012

Decorate for the Holidaze

We've been incredibly blessed to have inherited Christmas decorations from both sides of our family. 
Hand-me-down village houses...
Nativities everywhere...
Handcarved (and painted) reindeer from Grandaddy and Mema...
Two trees- I feel so extravagant with one in our ginormous bedroom...
Hand sewed stockings from our mothers...
And this year? Tree skirts from my best friend and my grandmother. I freakin LOVE these pompoms! I had to quickly get presents under the tree though because once a skirt went down, Ripley ran over and laid down. 
"Thanks, mom, for this great blanket!"
Mr. E also has a nutcracker collection (more like he had two and we've subsequently grown from there) as well as a thing for Santa ornaments. Couple this with my love of peppermint and BAM! we have a rustic-pop modern theme going on. 
My favorite thing in the world? Snuggling up with my hubby (and puppy), watching a movie with the tree as the only light. Absolutely  heavenly. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's so easy to comment and I would love to hear from you!
Mrs. E